Pure were delighted to welcome Michael McCann to the team in early 2020 as Lubrication Engineer Team Lead.
Playing a vital part in the delivery of our award-winning Lubrication Management program, Michael has over 20 years’ experience working in lubrication and helping to run Lubrication Management accounts. With 15 years based on customers sites and 5 years spent as a Field Engineer, Michael has a vast amount of knowledge that is valuable to both Pure and our customers.
Outside of work Michael (aka Mick) is a family man, based in Ayrshire and is the Manager of Glenafton Athletic Football Club. Michael who has been a player at Glenafton Athletic since 2015, having had many years playing with various other clubs, has made some 160 appearances with the club and scored 58 goals.
For a bit of fun, we’ve probed Michael with a few questions to find out that little bit more about him.
1. What three words would you use to describe your role?
Totally customer focussed
2. What do you like most about your job?
Working with a great team
3. What is your biggest achievement to date – personal or professional?
As a footballer I have to say winning 3 Junior Scottish Cups was big for me also scoring in my first final with all my family there watching was special
4. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
Being a football man, I would have to say Walter Smith, absolute legend!
5. If you could write a book about your life, what would the title be and why?
The title would be ‘From Rugby Park to the Sahara’. I suppose it’s a period of time in my life that there’s a lot to write about 😊
6. What’s a trip that changed you, and why?
I wouldn’t say it changed me but trekking across the Sahara was a real eye opener, having never been anywhere like it.Camping in the middle of the desert with everything that comes with it was surreal at times!
7. What’s the best advice you were ever given? Who was it from?
My Dad always said, “never just follow the crowd, have your own mind”. I’ve always done that
8. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
Having been around a team environment most of my life, I think being called a good teammate is always great to hear
9. What’s one song or artist that you’re embarrassed to admit you like?
Not one to get embarrassed about music as you either like it or you don’t but I suppose if a guy admits he likes Dancing Queen by ABBA people might think that’s embarrassing! 😊
10. If you could only have three apps on your smartphone, which would you pick?
After the recent issues with WhatsApp, I would have to say that along with Twitter and the Ultimate Player Coaching tool…